Andrey Rubtsov was born in Moscow. In 2011 he graduated with top honors from the Royal Academy of Music. Andrey Rubtsov was an assistant to Donald Runnicles at BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra 2014-16 as well as Leverhulme Conducting Fellow at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. The Fellowship granted him opportunities to work many times with the Scottish Opera, RSNO and Red Note Ensemble.
Andrey first came to public attention when he conducted two piano concertos by J.S. Bach, with the Russian National Orchestra and Mikhail Pletnev as a soloist in 2004. This was followed by concerts with RNO in Malaysia, Russia, Netherlands and USA. Andrey graduated with top honors from the Royal Academy of Music...
Andrey worked with State Chamber Orchestra of Russia, Saratov Philharmonic, Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra, State Youth Orchestra of Armenia, Samara Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Baltic Youth Philharmonic, State Caucasus Philharmonic Orchestra, Moscow Conservatoire Orchestra, and Royal Academy of Music Concert Orchestra; led rehearsals with Moscow Philharmonic, Lucerne Festival Strings and Danish National Symphony Orchestra; participated in masterclasses with Kurt Masur, Bernard Haitink and Mikhail Jurowski. In summer 2013 he was invited both to American Academy of Conducting at Aspen Festival and Tanglewood Festival course.
read the entire bio.
- Music for Resilience documentary (USA/Russia) – Spring 2018
- Incidental music for Gorgones drama play, Satire theatre, Moscow – June 2018
- Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana music festival features Andrey's compositions – June 2018
- Andrey conducting on Festival Napa Valley – July 2018
- Deutsche Streicherphilharmonie performs Violin Concerto on Germany tour – July 2018
- Songs and incidental music for vaudeville by Vladimir Sollogub for Ecole de Théâtre OKNO, Lyon, France – scheluded Autumn 2018
- The Scarlet Flower, musical fairy-tale with Andrey's music starts its second season in Vakhtangov theatre, Moscow – Autumn 2018
- Moscow Satire Theatre announces new children play with Andrey's music in 18/19 season - September 2018
- Autumn 2018: Piano concerto completed. Commissioned by Egypt-based Samih Sawiris. CD recording scheduled 2019, first public performance – 2022
- Postcards from Russia, Suite for two oboes and orchestra premiere scheduled – Alexei Utkin, State Chamber Orchestra, Philharmonia-2 concert hall, Moscow – December 2018
- Chamber Symphony for Academy of St Martin in the Fields schelude to be premiered on Annivesary spring 2019 tour
- Peter Pan: children opera for Krasnoyarsk State Opera Theatre (winner of Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation Grant Prize) – May 2019
- Matisse-Sextet gets its European premiere in Zug, Switzerland with Zuger Sinfonietta soloists – June 7, 2019
Performances and news archive