Andrey Rubtsov was born in Moscow. In 2011 he graduated with top honors from the Royal Academy of Music. Andrey Rubtsov was an assistant to Donald Runnicles at BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra 2014-16 as well as Leverhulme Conducting Fellow at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. The Fellowship granted him opportunities to work many times with the Scottish Opera, RSNO and Red Note Ensemble.
Andrey first came to public attention when he conducted two piano concertos by J.S. Bach, with the Russian National Orchestra and Mikhail Pletnev as a soloist in 2004. This was followed by concerts with RNO in Malaysia, Russia, Netherlands and USA. Andrey graduated with top honors from the Royal Academy of Music...
Andrey worked with State Chamber Orchestra of Russia, Saratov Philharmonic, Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra, State Youth Orchestra of Armenia, Samara Philharmonic Chamber Orchestra, Baltic Youth Philharmonic, State Caucasus Philharmonic Orchestra, Moscow Conservatoire Orchestra, and Royal Academy of Music Concert Orchestra; led rehearsals with Moscow Philharmonic, Lucerne Festival Strings and Danish National Symphony Orchestra; participated in masterclasses with Kurt Masur, Bernard Haitink and Mikhail Jurowski. In summer 2013 he was invited both to American Academy of Conducting at Aspen Festival and Tanglewood Festival course.
read the entire bio.
- October 16, 2019: Tchaikovsky Symphony Hall, Moscow. Svetlanov Symphony Orchestra, Andrey Rubtsov, Conductor, Ailen Pritchin (violin), Arseny Tarasevich-Nikolayev (piano)
- October 10, 2019: Rahmaninov Hall, Moscow Conservatoire. Concert featuring Andrey compositions for double reed instruments performed by leading woodwind perfrormers: Alexei Utkin, Emil Miroslavky, Valery Popov, Classics-Art Ensemble, Modus Vivendi Quintet, Fragmenti di Mosca Chamber Orchestra under Andrey Rubtsov
- August 2019: National Flute Association Convention in Salt Lake City includes 3 concerts featuring Andrey's music
- July 15, 2019: Tampa, FL - IDRS 2019 Festival - Surrounded by Dream trio first performance: Maria Rzhevskaya, Benjamin Coelho, Gerald Steichen
- July 14, 2019: Makletsky Hall, Yekaterinburg - Siberian Rhapsody is performed by State Chamber Orchestra of Russia, Maria Chepurina, Ilya Pashinzev, conducted by Alexei Utkin
- June 2019: 'A short symphony of clear construction and very sonorous intensity', 'the highlight of the evening', 'a well-crafted, catchy piece' - press quotes from the ASMF German tour featuring Andrey's Chamber Symphony published on the website (PDF)
- June 1, 2019: Andrey won composition competition in honor of James Galway. Bliss point will be performed for the first time on Galway Flute Festival in Switzerland.
- May 15, 2019: Siberian Rhapsody performed in Moscow by Russian National Orchestra, Maxim Rubtsov and Sergei Igrunov, conducted by Alexei Sobolev
- Full details and links to tickets are published for Academy of St Martin in the Fields European tour
with Andrey's Chamber Symphony
- Andrey conducts the Russian part of Edwin Marton's world tour.
Edwin is a Grammy-winning cross-over violinist
- Andrey got asked by the comittee to compose arrangements for the upcoming Tchaikovsky Competition-2019
- Rehearsals of Andrey's opera Peter Pan are underway in Krasnoyarsk State Opera House.
Andrey serves as a conductor as well
- Marbella Fantasy gets another recording
- Voronezh Symphony performed Oboe Concerto
- State Moscow Satire Theatre started rehearsals for a new musical play Au Bonheur des Dames featuring Andrey's music.
Directed by Maria Tikhonova
- The Scarlet Flower - musical fairy-tale for the orchestra featuring TV-personality Alexander Oleshko will tour to Siberian city of Omsk
- Music for Resilience documentary (USA/Russia) – Spring 2018
- Incidental music for Gorgones drama play, Satire theatre, Moscow – June 2018
- Conservatorio della Svizzera italiana music festival features Andrey's compositions – June 2018
- Andrey conducting on Festival Napa Valley – July 2018
- Deutsche Streicherphilharmonie performs Violin Concerto on Germany tour – July 2018
- Songs and incidental music for vaudeville by Vladimir Sollogub for Ecole de Théâtre OKNO, Lyon, France – scheluded Autumn 2018
- The Scarlet Flower, musical fairy-tale with Andrey's music starts its second season in Vakhtangov theatre, Moscow – Autumn 2018
- Moscow Satire Theatre announces new children play with Andrey's music in 18/19 season - September 2018
- Autumn 2018: Piano concerto completed. Commissioned by Egypt-based Samih Sawiris. CD recording scheduled 2019, first public performance – 2022
- Postcards from Russia, Suite for two oboes and orchestra premiere scheduled – Alexei Utkin, State Chamber Orchestra, Philharmonia-2 concert hall, Moscow – December 2018
- Chamber Symphony for Academy of St Martin in the Fields schelude to be premiered on Annivesary spring 2019 tour
- Peter Pan: children opera for Krasnoyarsk State Opera Theatre (winner of Mikhail Prokhorov Foundation Grant Prize) – May 2019
- Matisse-Sextet gets its European premiere in Zug, Switzerland with Zuger Sinfonietta soloists – June 7, 2019
Performances and news archive